Broken magpie x broken castor

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridget118

Reaction score
Hello I was just wondering what the outcome would be with a pairing of a broken magpie to a broken castor?

I know from two broken I will get 25% solid 50% broken and 25% charlie.

I believe magpie is a mix of chinchilla and harlequin. But I don't know how the castor and magpie would mesh.

you will probably get mostly harlequinized castors, unless your castor carries ej, then you may get some tris. it's not usually recommended to breed non-harlequin agouti to harlequins as they can combine to make unshowable colours.

I know my buck carries chinchilla, self,dilute and rew. I do not have any background on my doe.

Unless you know what your castor carries, it is impossible to predict any colors other then harlequinized castor. The reason is that Castor, called Chestnut agouti in other breeds, is completely dominant: A_B_C_D_E_

However, if you kept a castor kit from the litter and bred back to the black magpie, you would most likely get a litter with a wide variety of colors. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:38 pm __________ <br /><br />
I know my buck carries chinchilla, self,dilute and rew. I do not have any background on my doe.
I didn't think to ask, is the castor or the magpie the buck? :bunnyhop:

I know that my broken caster has self black, chinchilla and rew in his pedigree. Not sure about the magpie doe.

Back