breeding the young doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerbunny

Reaction score
I have a seven month old Holland Lop doe that isn't getting pregnant, should I just give her a couple more months to mature or keep trying?

She is getting same diet as the fertile bunnies, her vent never changes color and she has no interest in breeding.

Hmmm...Hollands are known for being a little difficult. You can hold on to her or you can cull her from the herd. I don't like does that don't cooperate. They seem to have the most difficult time with litters in the long run. I would try putting raspberry tea in her water bottle. Let her drink it for 2-3 days and see if she is in the mood

House her next to a buck and check her or bring her to the buck several days in a row until she lifts. If she's already living next to a buck, move her away with just other does, wait awhile and try again.

Take her for a car ride. I am serious, it worked for me. I bought a couple does and the breeder tried to breed them before we left, no dice. They wouldn't lift, got nasty with the buck. Drove a couple hours home with them and then took them from carrier right to my buck. They immediately lifted. One delivered yesterday, one delivered today.

Then I tried my doe who wouldn't lift, nothing, so I put her in carrier, put it in the truck, went and got gas in my truck came back home put her in with the buck and she lifted immediately. No idea why but it actually works.

Latest posts

Back