Breeding question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
I have a doe named Hazel. She has two big kits right now that are a month old.

I was going to re breed her today to Annies champagne buck (hazel is 1/2 champagne daughter of Honey the champ lol)

annnnyyyyywayyyy

We tried to breed Hazel today after we bred Honey. Hazel was literally raping Annies buck. She was mounting him in various fashions, biting, she bit his tail while mounting him the opposite direction, she PEED on him while mounting him.

I've never heard of anything like this!

Her mother Honey, usually does mount the buck once or twice before letting him "do his job" but I've never seen anything like this. She would NOT let him hardly even MOVE!

Suggestions? I tried holding her, but the buck was a bit freaked out by then. The last couple of breedings have been fine with Hazel so I was a bit confused by her behavior. She did mount Ceasar last time but just a couple times then let him breed her.

Crazy rabbits! Hazel, while smaller than Honey, is VERY compact (like a brick!) and so far has made very very meaty kits. So I wanted to try her with a champagne rather than a NZ mutt this time. I'd get 3/4 Champagne D'Argent 1/4 meat mutts from her.<br /><br />__________ Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:30 pm __________<br /><br />I don't usually bump.. But bump!

I've never seen a doe be that aggressive, but I can only think that she really, REALLY wanted to be bred... RIGHT NOW!!!

Did you try her with another buck today?

I would. Hopefully her hormones will have tapered off a bit so she wont abuse your buck. :roll:

Latest posts

Back