Breeding Mini Rex's

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
Ok so I have a question. I have a mini rex doe that wont lift for my main buck. She is starting to turn purple, so I'm going to wait a couple days and when shes purple I'll try to breed her again. If she doesn't lift for my buck, I have another mini rex buck, but he's barely 3 months old. Could I try breeding her to him or is it best to just wait until he's 6mo to breed???

IF he's dropped, he may be ready. If not an over zealous doe can scare a young buck into a coward forever :( Try to breed her EVERY day, not just when she "looks" ready. Mini Rex are easy to breed compared to the Holland Lops, at least here. The MR give me all kinds of babies, but the HL are on strike and have been for over 2 years now and I *know* the one doe was bred last year that I brought back in lol.

A younger buck may have trouble lining up on a doe that doesn't lift well. Trying him out would be fine but don't keep putting him with a doe he can't breed or he might lose motivation to try in the future. If she's ready to breed it's possible she's just nervous at being in the buck's cage. Try a neutral cage or ground pen.

I think some does are just like that...I have a large mixed meat mutt doe that refuses to breed. :? I tried her with a young buck,6mo old,no dice two days later with her brother. They are both about a year old. She clamps her self to the bottom of the cage and whines like a puppy.her last litter was before the summer and I had to "table breed" her for that. Only got four kitts.She better shape up or she is going in the freezer! :evil:Hubby ask me if maybe there is something wrong with her, never heard of a rabbit that did not want to breed....

Hello, new on here and newish on the rabbit breeding, I have a blue doe that gave birth to 5 kits yesterday, she was bred with my chocolate buck and I was hoping to find someone who could help with color identification, so far there are 3 bucks and 2 does. Thank you :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 437

Latest posts

Back