breeding mini rex?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommaofmany

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have three 10 wk old ( I think, I am waiting on the pedigrees, they were 7 wks the day the ad was posted, so I counted from that) mini rex. Two does that share a father and an unrelated buck. I also have a 7 yr old buck already.

I am starting a 4H group mainly because the ones near me are full. I have some kids who want to join 4H and want to show rabbits but do not currently have them. When is it safe and optimal to breed my females? ( I realize that it might not take the first time and that I should wait between attempts if it doesn't.) I also have a few leaders who are willing to help but mini rex is not the breed they deal with.

For the record I have seen the pedigrees, but the 4H girls' mom has never made a pedigree before so she is trying to figure out how to make it and then will hand deliver it to me, I also am withholding the other half of their cost until I get the pedigree.

Welcome. A lot of people breed when the doe is ready, usually when they reach 75% of their adult weight, or 4-5 mos old. The doe generally will tell you when she's ready, some sooner than later. I am glad you are taking it on yourself to get young folks involved in 4H.

Latest posts

Back