Breeding and genetics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lmannyr

Reaction score
I'm new to rabbits and new to breeding. I have 4 rabbits (3 doe 1 buck). Is there software that can help me inbreed to create a new line? Currently I'm breeding for meat and DOG food for my family of 5 and 3 dogs. But want to create new line of buck and doe without having to purchase another rabbit for back ups.

I looked at evans software deluxe genetics info but it seem to be more for colors. How can I use these "pedegree" software programs to help me with the inbreeding to a new line like this.....

http://www.buksonline.com/show_rabbit_a ... Chart.html

Thanks

Luis

Their is no way to make a new line with only one buck. You only really have one option of line breeding but with three does you should still be able to keep your line spread out enough that inbreeding does not become a problem.

www.critterhaven.biz has a link on creating 'lines' using just such a scenario. Granted, Carol illustrates using sheep, but the concept ins the same--inbreeding and line breeding without creating a huge genetic bottleneck---

Back