Breeding a pregnant rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dayna

Reaction score
So we re bred Honey today (her one baby is 24 hours old).

When will she stop producing milk? I do not have a foster litter, though I do have a doe in milk that will accept holding down to milk. She lets down easily.

Can I just leave the baby in there when she kindles? She's VERY tolerant of not only her own babies, but other does babies and other does. She's such a chill relaxed doe.

She won't really, I've had a few back to back litters where I've literally taken the litter out and put the nestbox in. Everybunny did great.

As for the other, you know your stock best. I move either the kits or the doe because I've smaller cages than a lot of people do.

is there a reason you taking the singleton kit away? I would wait for the second doe to kindle and place 2 or 3 of her kits in with the singleton and his mom.

Nursing 3-4 kits and being pregnant should not be a problem for a large meaty doe like Honey and will give the second doe a break from feeding so many.

Growing 8+ fetuses from 0 to 2 ounces is not the hard part about being a rabbit mom, feeding those 8+ mouths from 2 to 20+ ounces is the struggle and cause for a loss of body condition.

Latest posts

Back