Blue eyes in chocolate?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
CB presented me with a lovely clone of herself (or so I thought). Deep chocolate as a baby, very fluffy (angora). I didn't really pay a lot of attention as it grew, other than the normal "oh, pretty bunny, stop scrabbling around, it's okay to be brushed" thing.

Then we took her to her new owner, and while she was out being handled and OOOOOOO'd over by others, I saw BLUE eyes. And her color had gone lighter than the deep chocolate..more...grey milk chocolate.

Papa is red eyed Himy with blue tort and smoke in his background. the doe is Chocolate, with chocolate torte and chocolate in her background.

Unfortunately I don't have a recent photo of her (hadn't planned on selling her, but...)

I'm fascinated by the blue eyes and the lighter color that she developed. Any insights? or help with where it comes from and what it might be called?

And you sold her??? :(

Better repeat that breeding, Ann, and hope you get another. She sounds very pretty. I think I recall the baby picture of said bunny... rather a rich chocolate colour then. If she is more like "chocolate milk" now she must be lovely.

pfaubush":906r99xu said:
Ya'll are giving me the worst sweet tooth!!!!

I know!!!! I have to go get some chocolate now.

Ann, my word, what a beautiful little bun she must be! You have GOT to try for that again... and this time... pictures please!!! :lol:

Back