Black mini rex stud

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peggysue

Reaction score
I was planning on getting a blue self mini rex buck next week but have also found a black vm who is lovely.

My girls are BEW and frosty point. What colours would a black vm stud produce? I know it would also depend on what my girls carry but I just want to make sure he wouldn't only produce black kits. His parents are opal vm and BEW and grandparents havana and orange.

If anyone could shed any light I'd be very grateful :)

A VM buck will make (I think) more BEW and more VM with your BEW doe. As for the Frosty Point, I have no clue. I raise Checkereds - black and blue, no other colors to bother with!

Havana isn't a color, maybe he has a bit of crossbreeding in there?

Havana is chocolate. Thanks a lot for replying, that's what I thought with my BEW girl. I'm struggling to find info on frosty points. She is from blue magpie and sallander parents. I know all her parentage but not what to expect from her.

Is the black vm buck likely to throw other colours than just black do you think?

Thank you :)

I know if put to a BEW I would get vm's and BEW's and if put to a self I would get vm's and selfs (but they'd be vm carriers).

It's the colours that confuse me with all the letters

I feel ya, sister. I hate alphabet soup. I prefer - black and blue make black and blue. Chocolate and lilac make chocolate and lilac. That's the extent of my genetics expertise!

Most likely all black. It can be possible that he carries a chocolate gene from the grandparents as well as the non extension from them as well. That is something you won't know until you get tort or chocolate in the kits. We know he doesn't carry agouti from the opal parent because self is recessive to agouti, his opal parent is dilute so he carries dilute and could throw blue, but that is dependent on what the does bring to the equation.

Thank you so much! That makes sense to me :)

I have decided against him now as it turns out he and one of my does share their sire :( Im glad we looked. Im going for a blue self from lilac and opal parents. Any opinions on what he'll throw?

My girls are BEW (from vm opal and havana parents)and frosty point (from blue magpie and sallander parents)

Latest posts

Back