best place to buy wire cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reids Rabbits

Reaction score
This spring we are making our rabbitry a little bigger. We plan to buy wire modular cages. The few places I am looking at buying from are KWcages, Klubertanz, and bass cages.

I can't seem to find reviews. Would love to know if anyone uses cages from these companies and the pro's and con's.

Thanks

I like Bass and Klubertanz after that I usually compare shipping charges to see which one works out better.
I've never bought cages from KWcages before. :)

I'm not familiar with KWcages, but I have Bass cages. If you get those, get extra J-clips, and put them every two inches or so, to give the floor better support. I had to replace mine, but MSD did the spacing above and has had no trouble.

Klubertanz is good, and you might look into Woody's Wabbits. I haven't gotten their cages, but I have gotten other things from them. :)

Welcome to RabbitTalk!

reids your info does not have a state(your probably a spy or something lol!) just joking, but kw cages is out of california and I have to say the quality is very nice and the customer service was awesome! I went in there on a way to a camp get together and asked for a carrier cage they said that those things are pre-ordered ( I checked their website and they were not lying to me, big bold letters PRE-ORDER) any way, nice lady there said if i give her 20-30 minutes she would snap one together for me. They did it all with a smile on their face! Now bass has a great shipping policy, but read their site carefully as well. I ordered J feeders and the picture shows w/lid but you gotta pay extra, fine print!

Personally I prefer making my own. It seldom saves you enough money to be worth the trouble but I have limited space and want to use as much as possible and that usually means cages with odd dimensions that aren't sold commercially. I'm just finishing a growing out cage that is 49 inches by 31 inches and you won't find one like that in any catalogue.

When I was looking for hanging wire cages, Klubertanz had exactly what I needed and I've been happy with them. I might be remembering wrong, but Bass had more stackables then hanging, which is why I went with Klubertanz.

Thanks all. I'm from Canada so am currently looking into shipping costs from some of these places. I am leaning more towards the KWcges or klubertanz as there is more selection in the hanging cages. I'll definitely order extra j clips, thanks for the tip. I'll also make sure the floor is 14gauge and cage is galvanized after weld (some other tips I have been finding along the way).

Don't forget the J clip pliers, makes everything go much more smoothly :)
Another place to look at is Grandview Rabbitry, they're in ON so shipping may be a bit less and their prices are decent. There's also Great Northwest Cage Co, they're in the pacific northwest, so closer to Alberta.
Welcome from another Albertan BTW :D

No one has mentioned Sunny Meadows yet, but I know they are in canada. I don't have any of their cages but they seem to be nice, sound cages

:D thanks. I took a look at all three sites.
I'm not too worried about shipping costs to Alberta from the states as I live close to Montana and can ship there. :) But thank you.
3mina - may I ask what kind of cages you use and where you bought?

I've got hanging cages and I bought them from the breeder I got my trio of Rex from. She's in Spruce Grove and I believe she picked them up at a show in Montana, she brings them up regularly to sell alongside her breeding stock. They're 24 x 30 babysaver

Latest posts

Back