Bass now sells 14 gauge wire floors!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treldib

Reaction score
There's an option now at the very bottom of the cage section where you can choose to have 14 gauge galvanized after welded wire floors instead of 16 gauge. It adds $4 per cage, but I now no longer have any reason to purchase from other sources (rhymes with Flubertanz) :p

watcha got against KLUBERTANZ (mind you they carry the wire I wanted hence I ordered from them)
as for buying cages, MUCH cheaper to buy the wire and build one.....
It's not hard, I mean I can do it, so I see no reason for anyone else not to.
but then I don't mind some scrapes, punctures, or having a grip a closeted nerd would envy....
They should toss in a tube of Aspercream

Because the shipping for the wire plus the cost for said roll is more than I can shell out at one time.

And as a lady who has her hands presented frequently to others, I'm a bit tired of all of the scratches.

Since I have to get everything shipped in I don't like paying more in shipping than the price of my item and I get scratched up enough putting together the precut stuff

treldib":2n2pxmka said:
There's an option now at the very bottom of the cage section where you can choose to have 14 gauge galvanized after welded wire floors instead of 16 gauge. It adds $4 per cage, but I now no longer have any reason to purchase from other sources (rhymes with Flubertanz) :p

They have always had that option...they just did not make it easy to find... :roll: I like to use Bass for some things, but I buy wire from Klubertanz. I like the quality better. I am fortunate that I have a cage maker close by, so I now order all my cages from him.

OAF - do you have 16g or 14g floors? All I could get was 16g floor wire on short notice, so that's what Honeybun (the doe I got from you) has. I have some fiberglass arrow shafts, and I think I'll use one as a floor support for her. Basically zip-tie the ends.<br /><br />__________ Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:21 am __________<br /><br />I never noticed the 14g option at Bass. If I had, I'd have used it when I bought my cages. :?

I like my 14g floors from Klubertanz. Retrofitted my Bass cages a while back, and used heavier J-clips.

Another member on here, MamaSheepdog, uses the 16g floors, and clips them every 2 inches. She doesn't have trouble with them, so that's what I did with the cage I just built.

Miss M":1kzhtewj said:
OAF - do you have 16g or 14g floors? All I could get was 16g floor wire on short notice, so that's what Honeybun (the doe I got from you) has. I have some fiberglass arrow shafts, and I think I'll use one as a floor support for her. Basically zip-tie the ends.

__________ Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:21 am __________

I never noticed the 14g option at Bass. If I had, I'd have used it when I bought my cages. :?

I like my 14g floors from Klubertanz. Retrofitted my Bass cages a while back, and used heavier J-clips.

Another member on here, MamaSheepdog, uses the 16g floors, and clips them every 2 inches. She doesn't have trouble with them, so that's what I did with the cage I just built.

We have all 14g floors. Yeah, they hide the option to add it very well. I think it is more of a bother for them so they don't REALLY want people to ask... :roll:

Latest posts

Back