Bass floor spreaders

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoney Corner

Reaction score
I couldn't find 14g wire so had to use 16g to make my floors. I purchased the floor spreaders from Bass to help but they came without installation instructions. I emailed Bass and they said they go under the cage and most people put them in the middle. Not helpful. After I asked a second time for clarification, I did determine they left out the c rings so apparently the bars are just clipped to the wire. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around how that supports the bunnies. Does anyone have a photo of these floor spreaders installed under their hanging cages, please? I am evidently much more of a visual learner than I realized. Lol.

Please and thank you!

I took a look at their site. the ends, which are bent, need to be clipped to the walls of the cage I think, by going up thru the floor to the inside of the cage walls. The idea being that by forcing the two walls apart, you are stretching the wire tight, which will stiffen it, just like a tight trampoline versus how it would hang if it was not attached to anything.

It seems this would only work with bass cages or cages the same dimension as bass cages, and I am not sure I would be happy with the solution myself.

Latest posts

Back