baby mice!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyctra

Reaction score
Baby mice are quite possibly my favorite little critters that go from bald to furry. lol I haven't had a litter come this far in months, so I'm VERY happy about these guys! Even though my snakes need food, I really tempted to keep some.... ): I have another mouse due soon, so maybe I can take some from her litter...Somehow breeding mice isn't as easy as it would seem.... :shock: I don't know how old these guys are, just don't keep track with snake food...but they're cute and that's all I care about. LOL

2002rv6.jpg

Even though she's the runt, I really wanna keep her! She's got the color I like and white on her tail too!

5p3cyd.jpg

Crawled onto my fingertips and clung for dear life.... <3 Little acrobat! Earlier she jumped out of my hand. D=

5yajw2.jpg

My 3 faves...so little!

o9e3iq.jpg

The one cleaning her paws keeps grabbing things to stick in her mouth. lol

2z4mef9.jpg

Close up of a very tiny face.

2woasnd.jpg

And another....

15s6lxd.jpg

Bed time!

What a pretty color the little runt is! I would keep her too.

My friend and I used to breed plain and fancy mice (did you know they have Satin and Woolly mice? :p ) and sell them to pet and feed stores. We used straw as bedding in their tanks, and would fill them at least halfway. They would make extensive tunnel systems through the straw, and their coats always gleamed! They were the shiniest little mousies ever!

I used to breed mice too. I had 8 tanks going and then I baby sat a rat for a friend. And he got out....... :'( No more mice.
They are so cute and fun to watch. If you are having troubles breeding them try and get a few new ones to add to your colony of mice. adding new blood should help some.

LOL If I let my wife see this page she will make me delete my account and block rabbittalk from our computer lol she is deathly afraid of mice and rats. Don't tell her that I think they are cute too.

@MamaSheepdog; ohgosh yes they can get so pretty! My sister wound up with some Rex-like mice, but she wouldn't let me have any. lol Sometimes when I rearrange their toys I give them a section of straw to dig through. It's funny how they can hollow out certain spots!

@tm_bunnyloft; That's exactly what I did. I did away with all the mice except for one I hadn't tried to breed before. She's turning out to be such a good mum! And the other three females with her act as nannies, one is even nursing them, and so far no one's fought over the babies. lol This is a first for my mice.

@raetcd; I'm afraid of wild or feral mice now - whatever it is that madly attacks the spot on the wall I knock on... ): I think my little wall monster finally died though. Or so I hope. ^_^'

Cute cute !!! I raise mice for snake food too. Recently i have gotten some brindled mice ( too cool ) and some otter, dove,brokens, agouti, and some satins. Love my sweet lil mommy mice.

Some mommies share and some mommies are greedy you have to watch them , Suga will not let any other mommies have the babies so she has to be separeted when she litters, then i have Petunia who cares less who feeds them as long as she doesn't have to....lol

Latest posts

Back