Baby bump???? UPDATE - she is having them!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowsnest

Reaction score
Well, what do you think? I got her just over 2 weeks ago.....

0502111851-01.jpg

I would say, tentatively and with enough assurance to insert a nestbox in the cage... yes

Kinda what I thought - I had posted on another thread when I got these two girls - that I thought they were older than 8-9 weeks. They were still caged with litter mates when I picked them up - I kinda thought it was likely or at least possible that they were bred as the litter had at least 2 bucks that I know of for sure. I have a colony set up and have them in with only other does at the moment. They have several choices for nest boxes and one of the two cali girls has already made a nest and pulled a little hair - but ironically it's not the one with the baby bump in this picture.....

They do most certainly look older than what was told to you. However most rabbits don't "show" to that extent. I would also consider worms and cocci as another explanation especially for the doe in question.The fact that she is a bit rough looking and hollow over the loins is a classic symptom of worms. Just 2 more weeks and all will be known for sure, so if she doesn't kindle then I would start treatment. :)

Devon's Mom Lauren":ubai6wqi said:
They do most certainly look older than what was told to you. However most rabbits don't "show" to that extent. I would also consider worms and cocci as another explanation especially for the doe in question.The fact that she is a bit rough looking and hollow over the loins is a classic symptom of worms. Just 2 more weeks and all will be known for sure, so if she doesn't kindle then I would start treatment. :)

I agree with her.

Well last night she started pulling hair. So I put her in a cage by herself with a nestbox that is still inside the colony where the others can see her - hope I won't have trouble reintegrating her. So far I have two babies and she's not done and is staying in her nestbox with them....will post update with total litter size and PICS later!!!<br /><br />__________ Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 am __________<br /><br />

Glad it was babies! If her cage is inside the colony you will likely not have any problems reintegrating her. When the time comes, just leave the cage open so she has a "territory" of her own to retreat to if necessary. Just for a day or two until you are sure all is well.

Wow okay babies is better than the other option for sure!!! However, whomever told you they were 8 to 10 weeks old when you bought them was lying through their teeth!!! LOL I am not even sure those does are intermediates even, could be closer to a year.

well we ended up with just three live babies. But, the sister to this doe is also pulling hair and building a nest this afternoon - so it looks like I will have more babies! Here are the three wee ones from Mrs. Big Belly....

0504111519-01.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm __________<br /><br />I now have two litter from these girls. Here is the second nest...I counted at least 9 babies in this one.

0504111722-00.jpg

0504111721-01.jpg

0504111721-00.jpg

Back