Babies!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessy

Reaction score
Hello so we got unexpected babies from my supposed two female rabbit (obviously someone lied) so due to the buck and doe ( as i have learned what they are called) not being separated the doe had a small two kit litter which one was eaten by the buck and the other died from either the heat or neglect. We had the rabbits at a friends house because we were moving and didn’t want to move the rabbits too much and at this point we dis not know we had a buck and a doe. When i got the phone call I immediately had bthem separated and asked them to keep the kit away from the doe because she had not prepared herself and was not guaranteed to care for he kit with all this poor mama had been through. They did not listen to me and placed the baby with the doe. She did nest a little that night i got off work and came and checked on the squiggling Little guy and he looked ok. So i left it there within the next two days it had passed away. We had very high temps so cause of death undetermined. I asked my friend to keep them separated but close together so they can touch and not be so lonely again did not listen bi went to pick them up and bring them home and low and behold they are in the same cage... again. So now im at the point were i now have them at the house im staying at and unfortunately i had no clue how long they have been in the same cage so im Thinking i have a few days to get the other cage moved over And separate them well the cage didn’t come fast enough and boom we have babies again but this time my cat got involved and w only lost one kit to the buck and one was deformed so we have two surviving kits. The doe was pushing them
Out of the cage before i could get to the cage. I separated the buck and doe using a dog crate. This time she built a good nest within hours of birth injad just fed them at about 5pm and midnight she had them. Soninplace the kit with the doe in the dog crate in all the fluff and she still kept pushing them away from the nest. So now im hand feeding them and they are only 24 hrs old urinating and defecting with stimulation and eating only about 0.5ml. Is this normal? They keep themselves warm and they are in a cat carrier and are kept in the warmest part of the house no ac and fan or draft near them. Ive fed them twice today only because i had to go find goats milk after speaking with a wild life rescue for advice and the vet the recommended using just goats milk. Am i doing this right? They wiggle and flop alot. Hope thats a good sign. I am worried about the size difference between the two. <br /><br /> -- Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:38 pm -- <br /><br /> Here they are

Attachments

• F6F452B7-B2D8-40EC-97F7-EE984C663FF2.jpeg
    F6F452B7-B2D8-40EC-97F7-EE984C663FF2.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 448
judging by the pointed ears and smallness, the black one is a peanut and is highly likely to pass away in the next days, sorry...

i have had many peanuts and only 2 out of 11 have died
flopping and wiggling is a good sign if they are starving or freezing they will be mostly still
as long as they are warm and well fed they will be fine
good job so far :D :D :D

Back