Babies Today!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacquefrfly9

Reaction score
My himalayan patterned female (Lucky) had her first litter today. She was several days late, but after she had them I understood! She had seven kits! Unfortunately, the first was still born. But the other six seem healthy.

I was so surprised she had that many! She's such a little girl. (She's a 3/4 dutch 1/4 mini rex). Her mother was full dutch, her max was always four kits, and she was so much larger!

And all her babies are small compared to the litter Lucky was from. Her siblings were all very large one day one.

Hoping for spots, and lots of interesting patterns! (Father was a broken lop, and the mother expressed vienna gene in the form of slight 'socks' on her front feet).

Thanks everyone! I'll make sure to post pictures once they start to get bigger! Quick question though... how do I post the pictures. I try to post the link from photobucket and it doesn't want to work.

Thank you all for the help with the pictures! It turned out I needed to use a direct link instead of the other link, in order for it to work.

There is at least one with spots! He/she appears to be black and white, with the broken pattern like the father. And two of the babies are already have a home in place, with a little boy and girl for an Easter surprise.

Congratulations! Babies are wonderful things :)

re: photobucket. All I do is capture the IMG setting. like
and then paste it in my post. Don't "insert image" or anything.

This one was cut&paste
bugsapplause-1.jpg
(I deleted the 2nd / so that it would show as text)

bugsapplause-1.jpg

Okay, I finally got some decent pictures of the babies :)

Unfortunately my broken black kit passed away. He was one of the runts, and got pushed around during feeding time.

The other five, all seem to be doing well. And there is still one other with spots. He/she is also very tiny compared to the others, but is doing well. I'm suspecting it to be a tort....

But anyways here they are!
bunnybuns.jpg

The spotted one is the tiny one in the back. Two appear to be grayish, and the others white.
But any other input about what colors they could be would be great!

* mother is the himi in my signature, she comes from a black father with vienna gene expressed, and a full dutch tort mother.

* father is siamese sable? he's the broken one in my signature. He is quite a bit darker than that right now though. Not entirely sure about his lineage.

Back