Astrex Curly Coated Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapellaFarm

Reaction score
Hi All, I am looking for an Astrex rabbit breeder in or near central Ohio (or the surrounding states). I have been breeding rabbits for 3 years now and am pretty well hooked. I have a few rare breeds (Satin Angoras, Velveteen Lops [not ARBA approved yet]) and my darling mini rexes. I would like to pair up with someone to keep the lines diversified and to touch base with on issues as they arise. I know that there have been issues with baldness and mortality rates with Astrex breeders in the past. I am trying to get up to speed on genetics to understand these issues better. I am just getting started with Astrex but have been interested in this pretty well since I started with rabbits. It's like an itch that I just can't scratch away.

Let me know if anyone has any curly coated rabbits to sell. I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Hello
There are only a few breeders of Astrex that have fairly healthy lines that breed true (not just mini rex sports). One of those, Duman's Ark, is fairly close to you (northern Tennessee, I think?) so I'd recommend talking to her. It's been a while, so I'm not 100% sure she still does them.

Also, you might want to add your location to your profile (using the User Control Panel on the right). That way you don't have to say your location in every post; the admin wants at least a general location (state, country if not in the US) there anyway.

Thanks SableSteel. However, DumansArk is no longer in the Astrex business. I did contact her. She was very nice and helpful. I was so disappointed actually because I had found so many pictures online of their bunnies. Will keep an eye out for others. Curly coated bunnies pop up every now and then by accident so I'm sure I will run into one eventually.

Latest posts

Back