As much fat as possible

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting. I believe in a Bible based world view. According to Biblical history all man kind and animals were vegetarian after God created everything. Animals began to hunt each other after Adam sinned in the garden of Eden. It wasn't until a few hundred years later after Noah landed the Ark that God told mankind to take and eat meat. His instructions were to not eat meat with the blood in it, but to cook the meat. In His instructions to Moses many years after, names certain kind of animals for food and others to be ovoided. Example: Sheep and fish good for food. Vultures and pigs not good for food. These practices including washing of hands before eating protected God’s people from many food born illnesses. A study of the evolution of eating practices around the world throughout history would be very interesting.

Very interesting. I believe in a Bible based world view. According to Biblical history all man kind and animals were vegetarian after God created everything. Animals began to hunt each other after Adam sinned in the garden of Eden. It wasn't until a few hundred years later after Noah landed the Ark that God told mankind to take and eat meat. His instructions were to not eat meat with the blood in it, but to cook the meat. In His instructions to Moses many years after, names certain kind of animals for food and others to be ovoided. Example: Sheep and fish good for food. Vultures and pigs not good for food. These practices including washing of hands before eating protected God’s people from many food born illnesses. A study of the evolution of eating practices around the world throughout history would be very interesting.
There are two aspects to knowledge, having it and the wisdom to use it correctly. Some people have knowledge, but fail to use it correctly, this becomes dis functional. Knowledge used for the purpose intended is wise and functional . For those who deny the Bible, deny thousands of years of human experience, and the evidence of order of creation, which leaves only one logical conclusion, a universe of chaos , even though the state of chaos is impossible. The denyor has merely failed to study the matter throughly. Once you see this world as creation and you see how things work you understand it is a very beautiful thing!

The Bible is an important historical document even if one doesn't believe in God.
But I have no issue with discussing the world and life with nonbelievers or different believers.

I wanted to comment that if I were going to eat raw meat, my own processed rabbit would be my first choice as it is so very clean as evidenced by how long it can stay unspoiled in refridgeration as per several unpremeditated experiments on our part. Once, one of our fridge units (we go for used/redundant) had accidentally been set to over 50 degrees F and rabbit carcasses left for 5 days. Bought chicken would have been completely and utterly grotesque. I took out two carcasses and brined them for 24 hours and then cooked them (having not noticed the temp). They were fine. Now, when husband went to debone the remainder in 2 days, so a week altogether, they had only just turned. He had to debone 2 of them and then consult me before we agreed that yes, they were now dogfood sadly. Quite amazing really. The initial bacteria count had to be super low for that to happen.

The Bible is an important historical document even if one doesn't believe in God.
But I have no issue with discussing the world and life with nonbelievers or different believers.

I wanted to comment that if I were going to eat raw meat, my own processed rabbit would be my first choice as it is so very clean as evidenced by how long it can stay unspoiled in refridgeration as per several unpremeditated experiments on our part. Once, one of our fridge units (we go for used/redundant) had accidentally been set to over 50 degrees F and rabbit carcasses left for 5 days. Bought chicken would have been completely and utterly grotesque. I took out two carcasses and brined them for 24 hours and then cooked them (having not noticed the temp). They were fine. Now, when husband went to debone the remainder in 2 days, so a week altogether, they had only just turned. He had to debone 2 of them and then consult me before we agreed that yes, they were now dogfood sadly. Quite amazing really. The initial bacteria count had to be super low for that to happen.
First yes to Bible, I have spent decades just on the first five books of the Bible, and years on just the first chapter of Genesis. It is why I have rabbits. As with all things there is a purpose, the rabbit has a high purpose in keeping the good earth fertile, in my opinion this is his first order, he is only food in an emergency, as he is responsible for all of us eating here the most nutritious plants, fruits, and nuts. Old MCDanel farm is greatful to the rabbit for his contribution for all we grow.

Using religion to connect to the earth is a wonderful thing, isnt it? The christian god and I do not get along, I find the morals of organized christianity to be... disagreeable, shall we say, though I understand people find comfort in it and I'm glad it works for them. Personally I worship the Norse and Celtic gods and goddesses, and raising my own food and becoming an active part of the cycle of life and death is a way for me to celebrate everything the Gods give to us and the role humans have in the ecosystem. Doing so used to be an important part of daily life for everyone, and I'm glad there is a resurgence of interest in that way of living happening right now.

I am not an organized religion person, however I follow Jewish Jewish tradition that records the seven universal laws in the Torah.
I study Jewish law, say Jewish prayers, seek Jewish wisdom from the sages. I ask for understanding,insight, and wisdom. I live to be a whole functional person, I care about my neighbors, care for my animals, try to avoid arrogant men and corrupt people.
it is not my job to cram my beliefs down any bodies throat, but teach by example. People believe what they believe, I believe most are wrong but it is your right and obligation to get it right. Most have never studied the culture, and traditions of the ancient hebrews.
most of the translations are wrong, in my view because translator fail to understand colloquialisms of the ancient tribes.
I have my opinion and you have yours, and I can live with that so long as we respect each other.

Im not really interested in debating which religion if any is right or wrong, nor am I interested in proselytizing or being proselytized to. I was just pointing out that its nice that connection to growing things can bring folks together in religious joy, even if the religions are different
Edit: minor spelling error correction

Last edited:
Me neither, I find it futile, I have better things to do.
good day.

Using religion to connect to the earth is a wonderful thing, isnt it? The christian god and I do not get along, I find the morals of organized christianity to be... disagreeable, shall we say, though I understand people find comfort in it and I'm glad it works for them. Personally I worship the Norse and Celtic gods and goddesses, and raising my own food and becoming an active part of the cycle of life and death is a way for me to celebrate everything the Gods give to us and the role humans have in the ecosystem. Doing so used to be an important part of daily life for everyone, and I'm glad there is a resurgence of interest in that way of living happening right now.

My attitude was always that the "christian" religions worked so hard at destroying those others that honored nature. Their attitude of all was made for us instead of seeing man as part of a system that deserved care and respect has led to the abuse that has us in our current mess. I wish there was a lot more tolerance and respect of everything. Think all religions have something to teach.. but none have it right. If people really believed they were right... Wouldn't be so afraid to let someone else think different. I've seen too much evil done in the name of religion. I just go in my garden and feel the sun and say thank you mother Earth for your gifts. Hope people haven't mucked it up too much. Sometimes I wonder if all these pandemics, disasters fire, flood. Is mother trying to eliminate the virus that's making her sick (us)

My attitude was always that the "christian" religions worked so hard at destroying those others that honored nature. Their attitude of all was made for us instead of seeing man as part of a system that deserved care and respect has led to the abuse that has us in our current mess. I wish there was a lot more tolerance and respect of everything. Think all religions have something to teach.. but none have it right. If people really believed they were right... Wouldn't be so afraid to let someone else think different. I've seen too much evil done in the name of religion. I just go in my garden and feel the sun and say thank you mother Earth for your gifts. Hope people haven't mucked it up too much. Sometimes I wonder if all these pandemics, disasters fire, flood. Is mother trying to eliminate the virus that's making her sick (us)
our material side is of the soil, the first order was to be a caretaker of the soil, which is essential. For a long time we did just that, and then in 1850 chemical fertilizers were invented, and the killing of the soil began. Lack of understanding, and insight caused great damage, but thankfully it is not too late to save at least a portion . we have a heavenly Father, but our mother is surly the earth. There is no other place in the universe for man , in my opinion. Caring for the soil is why I raise rabbits, they make the soil whole. Their high calling is for the purpose of enriching the soil, rather than a primary source of protein. If I eat the rabbit I get one fine meal, however if I keep the rabbit and collect his manure for my garden we both eat the finest vegetables and fruit forever. It is a beautiful thing.

Back