Another Forum and a PSA

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maleficent

Reaction score
So I went back to an old pet forum I was a part of when I first got into keeping rabbits, it's strictly pet based and heavily focused on sterilization of pets especially rabbits. It seems as if a lot of the information floating around there is wrong.. especially when it comes to accidental rabbit litters or is just not very informative. A lot of their other forums seem to carry a wealth of information.

Looking through the stickies of the rabbit forum not once did I see mention of quarantine of new rabbits and information about pasturella. I have taken it upon myself to write a PSA of sorts to dispel myths, bring to light known complications, and even linked back to here for information I wasn't comfortable schooling on. Right now a lot of what I am sharing involves accidental pregnancies and what could and can go wrong. I would like to shed some light on other myths and subjects though so anything you guys think the basics should be touched on let me know!

https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/rab ... sa.453797/

Here is a link to the thread, if anything needs corrected in what I posted let me know with the right info so I can fix it!

I think you did a very good job on the write up. The only thing I think I would change is to put the discussion of poor first time mothers closer to the top so that people know that poor outcomes are common right away.

Thanks guys! I just want people to get the most information they can get since as I said there isn't any really good info out there on that site.

I want to touch on subjects other then the ones already touched on though, maybe Mastasis (sp?) and FOR SURE quarantine and pasturella. Any info from your guy's experiences with these things that you want to share? I have gotten permission from a friend to share her story about her mini rex rabbit Cocoa and the doe's lone survivor from a litter of 7 Hershey (as the names suggest they are chocolates lol) <br /><br /> __________ Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:00 pm __________ <br /><br />
alforddm":2kr8wip7 said:
I think you did a very good job on the write up. The only thing I think I would change is to put the discussion of poor first time mothers closer to the top so that people know that poor outcomes are common right away.

I got to thinking the same thing but decided I would treat the first few posts as if say everything was going exceptionally well.

Back