Animal Care

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Today I tattoo'd everyone.

Well okay not EVERYONE, but most everyone. All the juniors I'm holding back. Most of the adults who are sticking around for a fair while except the working pets Peek, Biscuit and Slip.

Most everyone was great with it.
I LOVE my easyTat. SO much quicker. So much less jumping about. And I can do whatever I want. I'm not bound by numbers. I don't have to fiddle with little tattoo markers that jab into my fingers and get dropped cause they are tiny. :)

I did a couple rabbits wrong... for the most part I did the first two initials of their names and two rabbits got the wrong initials so they are just going to exchange names. :) They are juniors so it's really no never mind and they are mine so no biggie.

one rabbit I completely forgot her name so she got the rabbitry initials. :)

I also clipped nails of everyone.
and it surprised me...rabbits who are normally calm and collected caused problems, and my slightly flighty ones were so NOT flighty at all. My son's rabbit led me on a merry rabbit chase. :)
Four does bred. Just in time for a return from holidays. :)

AH.. it was SO nice having no else at home so I could just fiddle and do bunny-ish stuff without having anyone say... SO when's Lunch??! What'cha doing mommy? can I help?? MOMMY NO>>> you'll hurt the bunny!!!!! Hun! Enough with the rabbits come on do something else. just SILENCE >>>it was a huge treasure. :)

ah yeah, I'm rambling, but hey..someone gotta once in a while. :)

the family isn't too bad really...just when I'm taking a long time to do something they tend to get 'restless' and just want to have me in with them rather than no. :)

It was just so nice today to be able to take my time and not be concerned for the rest of the world.

though the lad's rabbit doing a tear away from me was rather vexing. The lad's response was...but you caught her right mommy? yes. lad.
Hubby said "oh...I would have videoed that and posted it". it would have been funny to see hun.... (my response...oh shut up! it wasn't funny!) (heeheeheehee says he. :)

Glad you had a quiet and productive day. We have 4 kids at home. Last year my teen was at work, the twins were napping and my 11 yr old was down in NC at camp for the week and I realized how quiet it was. I wouldn't want it like that all the time but I have to admit that the 2 hours of quiet was very serene.

Sounds like you had a lovely day. Call me crazy, but I find time with my rabbits to be very soothing. Lots of work but boy can they make a crappy day make a big turn around.

Good Luck with the bred rabbits.

Karen

I am considering getting an EZtat, but it seems like it would be harder. One squeeze with the clamp and its done. I'm not sure how I would hold down a rabbit and write at the same time, can't even do that with a sharpie :)

the thing with the eztat is MOST bunnies have no issue with it at all. it's quick and easy.

the clamp caused bunnies to moan, jump, flip and such like.

All I do with the eztat is to wrap in a towel, sit in my lap. Hold the ear firmly and write. Bunny feels snug in the towel, they hear the sound of the tat, they relax, I tattoo. of the 20 or so I did yesterday all three holland lops jumped but since I had a grip on an ear they couldn't go anywhere, and the ear got an extra dot. of the polish....three skipped a bit.

ALL the jumpers settled easily for me to finish. No one screamed or complained...not even a moan.

With the clamp...if they jumped they were GONE...one even took the clamp with him, and trying to settle a screaming rabbit was ....hmmm... Unpleasant.

It was a very simple job. the actual tattooing time took less than it did when I used the clamp. no working the clamp into little bunny ears, no fiddling with small numbers, no working hard to avoid blood vessels....it was an all round win.

Sounds like you've been busy! I love days like that, when you can get caught up on all the little stuff that you haven't had time for. :dance7:

Latest posts

Back