And now for something completely different!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Youngest son came to me today and said ¨I want a leather battle helmet, Mummy!¨

So I replied, how about we make on out of rabbit hide BEFORE we cut up my dried cow hide?

We have carved his head out of styrofoam and am soaking a tanned and part broken gold tipped steel NZ hide in strong black tea to make it fully flexible and then we will tie it to the head with lots and lots of twine.

It should dry totally stiff and then we can cut it to shape round his face.

At least, that is the plan! :lol:

Just in case it works great, I have delisted my dried cow hide from Etsy. Would be just my luck to sell the danged thing right before needing it! :roll: :lol:

But it is wonderful how one spark of an idea can solve a years long problem. I have been trying to figure out how to make waterproof feet - to make custom wet felt shoes - for a very long time. Feet that would be tough enough to stand up to use while at the same time be carve-able to the exact measurments of the customer.

As I have had the styrofoam blocks for a long time, I feel a bit duh not to have thought of it before but better late than never, eh?

Back