An idea for a breeding cage/pen

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I came by an old shopping cart the other day and was looking at it wondering what one earth to do with it and then it hit me...................

A breeding pen!

It can be wheeled up to the bucks cage, pop him in, wheel it to the does cage, pop her in, put a lid on it and there you go. Easy peasy :cool:

Nice and sturdy and mobile.

Am making the lid today.

3mina":2ofrvcuy said:
Floor wire for the bottom since shopping carts tend to have big spaces?

Yep, I meant to say that myself. Having had a rabbit get its foot stuck and then try to twist it off attempting to escape, I dont EVER want to have a repeat!!!

Since it's only a temporary holding area, you could probably use the plastic hardware cloth for the floor. I doubt they'd stop breeding to chew on it! :p

dragonladyleanne":25q36kz9 said:
Since it's only a temporary holding area, you could probably use the plastic hardware cloth for the floor. I doubt they'd stop breeding to chew on it! :p

:lol:

seems like there would be less time wasted checking out a neutral space....although my bucks wouldn't leave it neutral for long....

owlsfriend":32yis1qv said:
seems like there would be less time wasted checking out a neutral space....although my bucks wouldn't leave it neutral for long....

Much easier to move to the garden hose too :D

Back