Affordable Rabbit Cage Bulk Options (Advice Needed)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admittedly I did have the occasional escapee, but they were just loose in the yard, so I would just catch them and put them back. They never fully escaped, they stayed near the siblings.

It depends on how you plan to use them. I did not, but I was tractoring grow outs, and they were small enough to go thru the bottom of the cage at first which had 4x4 squares, so I had to flip the cages over some times. Keep the tray, it becomes the roof for shade and light rains, but needs to be weighted or ziptied.

If you are using it for small rabbits, kits under a pound, you will need extra wire I think? both to keep them in and to keep rats out. Also I use them in a fully fenced yard and don't have large predators around to break in.

After the buns got more chonky I flipped the cages back so they could reach thru to the grass more easily.
OK. Thanks. I was thinking for growouts when they are about 6 weeks. I'll weigh them before. We are in the planning stage. I'll have growouts when I start so I can try it with a backup.

We have 2 large dog crates we are considering using for grow outs. Did you add extra wire?
I did. I flipped the crate over to add more support to the bottom due to the smaller squares. Then I wired the bottom, and wired the sides to keep the kits in. The tray was used as the roof , but is being replaced with a real roof when I rebuild the hutch frames.

Also, for those of you who follow the Teal Stone? She uploaded a video about things she will do different after a year with her hutches and the cages she bought due to the issues she had.

I did. I flipped the crate over to add more support to the bottom due to the smaller squares. Then I wired the bottom, and wired the sides to keep the kits in. The tray was used as the roof , but is being replaced with a real roof when I rebuild the hutch frames.

Also, for those of you who follow the Teal Stone? She uploaded a video about things she will do different after a year with her hutches and the cages she bought due to the issues she had.
Thanks for sharing that. That's not one I follow all the time. I wil check that out.

I'm looking to expand my rabbitry this year.

I'm in need of bulk, affordable cages, (apartment style, or stacked/stackable) and I've been searching craigslist and facebook marketplace to no avail.

Does anyone know where I could get something like that?
Where are you?

Latest posts

Back