AEW TLC Bunnies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abigail

Reaction score
Hello!!
I have a buck I am going to be taking to a show along w some others but his coat is terrible. He has sprayed all over and his coat is stained. Any suggestions on getting it out?

We brought some dry-spray (spray-on? Can't remember the exact name) pet shampoo and paper towels with us and they've worked pretty well

Hello!!
I have a buck I am going to be taking to a show along w some others but his coat is terrible. He has sprayed all over and his coat is stained. Any suggestions on getting it out?
Holland bucks are the worst for that! I try to avoid bathing rabbits but we usually have to give ours a bath before shows. We try to spot-wash them - they're usually the worst on their face - but it sometimes takes a full bath to get them ready.

We use a very tiny bit of mild shampoo (baby shampoo, usually) and work it in wherever it needs it, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Try to do this about a week before the show, especially if it's a full bath, as it takes them a while to groom their coats back into condition. He'll probably get dirty again but you can keep ahead of it with baby wipes.

If he's got yellowed fur, try working some dry corn starch into it, let it sit a bit, then comb it out. You can try this before a bath, and if after his bath and he's dry he's still yellowed, you can try the corn starch again.

By the way, those are some very nice looking Hollands you've got!

Last edited:
Holland bucks are the worst for that! I try to avoid bathing rabbits but we usually have to give ours a bath before shows. We try to spot-wash them - they're usually the worst on their face - but it sometimes takes a full bath to get them ready.

We use a very tiny bit of mild shampoo (baby shampoo, usually) and work it in wherever it needs it, then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Try to do this about a week before the show, especially if it's a full bath, as it takes them a while to groom their coats back into condition. He'll probably get dirty again but you can keep ahead of it with baby wipes.

If he's got yellowed fur, try working some dry corn starch into it, let it sit a bit, then comb it out. You can try this before a bath, and if after his bath and he's dry he's still yellowed, you can try the corn starch again.

By the way, those are some very nice looking Hollands you've got!
Thank you!!

Back