Adult doe hair and poop issues

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluffleFarm

Reaction score
825E503D-D6C3-486B-992B-E50764DF6483.jpegD28CF9BD-81C2-4394-A1EB-6B6043C58D10.jpegso this mama came to us “bred” but she wasn’t. She was seemingly well cared for, but a breeder. She was skittish and didn’t like pets much so I figured I’d give her space. Well, we did and then tried to breed her, looked good, started pulling fur EVERYWHERE, day 35… no dice.

So I gave her a break until some of our experienced mamas were due to breed. Well I went to clip all their nails and weigh them before their next breed and this poor mama is a disaster. She had a scab on her head, it came off, under skin almost looks like a raise (but not seemingly infected or huge) hair follicle or jumbo goosebump. (Photos aren’t great. No evidence of mites that I could see)

THEN I realized she had a horrid case of poopy butt. Like horrid. Matted. Seemingly pussy and infected?
Her parts were smooshed together, and then covered in poop. I got all that cut off, trimmed matted hair, wiped her down, but now im Not sure what to do with the infection part? Trying to do this on my own as I’m sure it’s not the first or last time this will happen.

Latest posts

Back