A giant mess and no idea how or why

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
basically I have 2 does. 1 gets pregnant by just looking at a buck but I don't what her as a breeding doe(she also always had giant litters) and my second doe has wonderful bloodline and is a great mother but 50% of the time she has a false pregnancy. Last week she had one and this morning my other doe had 7 kits and i didn't even know she was pregnant or how. I don't know if I should sell my bad doe and get a new younger doe that doesn't have so many false pregnancies. I am also moving the other doe far away from all the bucks cause this is pathetic.

If you only have two, you're gonna need both to keep from inbreeding the herd, IMHO. Fertility is a good trait, cross her with an offspring of the other doe and then see if you get a quality rabbit that is fertile.

As for how she gets pregnant, she's meeting up with a buck somewhere. How close is her enclosure to any buck's enclosure? If they don't share a wire wall, then either she or a buck is escaping and going visiting.

well the doe that had babies is a complete mut and just a pet whereas the other is a show rabbit that I want to breed babies from

Latest posts

Back