A couple days early, but...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
I decided to goahead and install some meakeshift nestboxes into the cages of Wilma and Marsha. I had hoped to be able to get my hands on some appropiately sized, cardboard boxes, but nope, didn't happen-- soooo I took a couple plastic bins I have, cut a piece of artificial lambs wool to fit the bottom. Then, cut one end out of a file box.SHoved the file box into the cage ( just a bit of a tight fit through the door) turned it upside down, then slipped the plastic bin under the box. The two ladies now have a nice den for kindling and to hide from Connor in. Their first potemtial due date is the 10th- so now they have a better chance of acclimating to the new setup before hormonal heck breaks loose.

Wilma does not seem to be 'full' of babies-- but Marsha is quite tight and round. Marsha actuallly let me pet her this morning-no offered food, to boot! But Wilma-- what a wreck-- at least she is not attacking the food dish any more- rather, she waits for me to set it down...
Do I really want to cut holes in the cages for J- feeders?

Do I really want to cut holes in the cages for J- feeders?

Yes, you do!
It will save you a lot of time when feeding and watering.
You can go by each cage without opening the Door.
I can get though feeding and watering 24+ holes
in about 30 to 45 minutes. It all depends on how long I dawdle
with one rabbit or another. With the weather being as it is,
"Very COLD" it is a plus to be able to get things done
and go inside and defrost my hands. In the warmer weather
I spend a lot more time in the rabbitry.
I believe that once you start using [J] feeders
you will never want to go back to using Bowls.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

hmmm, for me, because i have always had a small rabbitry (it topped out at around 20) i have always liked bowls, because it gave me a reason to pet and play with the rabbits...and didnt take much time, with so few of them, even watering twice a day.

I long for the day that all of my cages have J feeders!

I just don't want to cut holes in these nice new cages-- and I only have four buns, indoors!!! Oh yeah, I have something like 20 j-feeders at Ralphs.....

I just hang the J-feeders inside the cage... I reach in to fill it thru the door. No holes, no escaping kits, no rain getting into the feeders--I have hutches. I think the screen on the bottom for fines is the coolest part.

I'd just use crocks or bowls for now, Terry. If you become unhappy with them, you can always switch to J-feeders later. I hate that I cut holes in my cages... Every time I rearranged things, the J-feeders got in the way. Not that it matters now, since the buns are in the colony.

Back