4th of July Kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
I think I may have AT LEAST 2 pregnant does. I bred all 4 of them (only the older doe was really cooperative with the process) on June 3rd, but Scarlett did 'fall off' all of them at least once.

I then let them try to rebreed 2 days later and River (the older doe) spent the entire time grunting, squealing and chasing Scarlett around angrily :lol: while both Chrissy and Lady were simply 'very uncooperative' and sat in a ball, leaving Scarlett looking confused and frustrated. :lol:

Now, one week later, River and Chrissy are blowing through their hay. They don't normally eat THAT much hay, but they're eating it up. I'm due to try and palpate on the 15th (no experience with it, but I plan to try) and I'll also let Scarlett attempt to rebreed River, Chrissy and Lady at that time.

River was a really super good mom with her last litter, and they were pretty babies, but I bred her primarily to be available as a foster mom if the new mom's need any help. I'm REALLY excited about the other litters, which will be purebred Mini Lops. Not the highest quality, since my buck isn't that great, but I'm still excited about it. :) Hopefully, I will get litters this round so both ML does will be experienced moms for the next breeding and I'll have a higher quality buck to use. :popcorn:

Here's hoping for lots of healthy kittens!!

(You and me both-- I am going for 4 litters between July 4 and 11-- all meat mutts, and my daughter's Hlop is ready, but waiting to see if we pick up another Hlop doe this weekend at a show before we go ahead with her!).

TF3":k83ucprk said:
Here's hoping for lots of healthy kittens!!

(You and me both-- I am going for 4 litters between July 4 and 11-- all meat mutts, and my daughter's Hlop is ready, but waiting to see if we pick up another Hlop doe this weekend at a show before we go ahead with her!).

I guess we'll be waiting together then! :D :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back