2 Bred Does But No Babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 does that were bred. One is on day 37 and the other is on day 35. The one on day 37 (Elvira) hasn't pulled fur but keeps pushing the shavings into piles all around the enclosure. The one on day 35 (Astrid) pulled fur a couple days ago, but still nothing. I'm almost 100% certain Astrid is pregnant. Elvira, I assumed was. Successful fall off with both does. Thoughts? Opinions?

Just leave the nest boxes in for a couple more days and see how it goes
If no Kits then 🤷
If they're first-time Does then I wouldn't be very surprised if they didn't have any at all

Our does always get restless once they get close. Like they are really uncomfortable. When they lay, they lay on their sides, and we can usually see the kids kicking. And if we lay a hand lightly on their side, we can feel them. If none of these are happening, I suspect they are false pregnancies.

Some does especially first times will pull and nest build at the last minute. Give them nest boxes and stay away keep things quiet.
My first-timer recently had 5 kits- she didn't haystache until the morning of and I swear she didn't pull fur until the babies were actually falling out of her body!

@Fionn Mac Cumhaill I will say it pays to remember that averages are AVERAGE. I am new to this, but have a friend who raised rabbits in high school, she is constantly having to remind me of that. She told me not to pull the nest box & assume a false pregnancy until 40 days. Fee had the babies on day 32.

Latest posts

Back