somewhere is a thread about cloudy eye?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
and I can't find it. Help me please? either point me to the thread, or answer the question again.

I have one American kit (11 weeks old now) who has one eye that has a cloud inside the retina. I do not remember if ya'll said it was hereditary or just an anomaly. I just looked closely at all the others in that litter and she's the only one with the problem (and, of course, she's the deepest blue, and has a great head and no other DQs that I can find :? )

No, this is a cataract type thing...some call it Moon blindness because it comes and goes.

thanks for trying tho :)

__________ Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:01 pm __________

BINGO! I found it. "what is this?" right here in rabbit care.<br /><br />__________ Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:05 pm __________<br /><br />Now...I see Devon thinks it's genetic...I'm wondering if I need to worry about the parents having something that is being passed along? Or do I just cull this kit when she's older? (litter from the other doe is just fine..like the rest of this litter)

It's called wall eye (also Moon Eye or cloud eye) which is genetic, and there is no cure for it. The cloud over the eye prevents the pupil from dilating properly so the rabbit won't be able to see very well to starters, and changes in light levels will result in temporary blindness as the pupil slowly adjusts.

Latest posts

Back