Red? Fawn? Cream? How do I tell the difference?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beanchild79

Reaction score
hullo :)
I have two litters of babies, both about 6 weeks old. Most of them are fawn looking. But now that they're getting older I've been noticing that one of them is a little darker and may be a red. I was googling some stuff and found that cream is also a color (lighter than fawn) and as I looked back at my two litters I noticed that yeah, some of them too do look a bit lighter.
How do I tell the difference?
:bunnyhop:

They are all different names for variations of non extension (ee.) What is the breed? Cream is usually a dilute(blue) fawn. Red has a lot of rufus, and may require the recessive at wideband; essentially red bellies.

Zass":3dmff3x5 said:
They are all different names for variations of non extension (ee.) What is the breed? Cream is usually a dilute(blue) fawn. Red has a lot of rufus, and may require the recessive at wideband; essentially red bellies.

They are 50% English Angora and 50% French Angora.

PoppyLapine":1vrm0gqp said:
Do you have any pics of the litters?
I don't, but I will try to remember to get some tomorrow :) <br /><br /> __________ Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:06 am __________ <br /><br />
PoppyLapine":1vrm0gqp said:
Do you have any pics of the litters?
I'm so sorry it took me so long! Here are pics of the doe I think might be a red. Lmk what you think.

Attachments

• imageedit_1_8026555144.jpg
    imageedit_1_8026555144.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 216
  • imageedit_3_9131879049.jpg
    imageedit_3_9131879049.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 216
  • imageedit_5_9796876510.jpg
    imageedit_5_9796876510.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 216
Sorry, about the late response. Adorable rabbit by the way!
I have been struggling trying to tell the fine line between red and fawn myself, so i am no expert. To me she looks a little pale to be red. But also the color could look different on different screens. And I breed satin angoras, their shine tends to make some colors look more intense, so I'm not sure if their red and fawn look different from other breeds.
I'll Post some pics of my red doe and young fawn buck. Not sure if they will be of help.

This is my red with flash.
[album]3903[/album]
This is her without flash.
[album]3904[/album]
This is my fawn with flash.
[album]3905[/album]
This is him without flash.
[album]3906[/album]

PoppyLapine":1zp3xdrh said:
Sorry, about the late response. Adorable rabbit by the way!
I have been struggling trying to tell the fine line between red and fawn myself, so i am no expert. To me she looks a little pale to be red. But also the color could look different on different screens. And I breed satin angoras, their shine tends to make some colors look more intense, so I'm not sure if their red and fawn look different from other breeds.
I'll Post some pics of my red doe and young fawn buck. Not sure if they will be of help.

This is my red with flash.
[album]3903[/album]
This is her without flash.
[album]3904[/album]
This is my fawn with flash.
[album]3905[/album]
This is him without flash.
[album]3906[/album]

that's alright! i understand :) and thank you!
yeah, okay, she looks pretty pale compared to yours but some of the other bunnies i had were really light compared to her. maybe she's just a bit darker of a fawn.
i have noticed (from pictures online, I've never seen satin angora irl) that french and english angora have kind of toned down colors compared to satin. so I'm guessing that my girl is probably just a fawn :)
thank you for your help! i appreciate it a lot <3

Latest posts

Back