sooooo....who here has the most rabbits? lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peach

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to lie...when you have a rabbit you can't just have one! :pinkbunny: I have 8 rabbits at the moment. 3 are leaving me soon ( rescue I took in and rehomed with my best friend kindled unexpectedly!) So I guess that means I have "officially" 5. I just want to see how many rabbit talk regulars have :p

3 senior does, 1 senior buck, 6 jrs, 14 kits, for a total of 24 rabbits, and two cals on the way.

Yes, I have my rabbits in a colony. Two floor pens, actually. I like to remove the buck just before the does kindle... so he commutes from one pen to the other. Occasionally he has to spend a few weeks in a cage, depending on the population in the pens. I need more grow-out space.<br /><br />__________ Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:03 pm __________<br /><br />

Wow! What setup do you have your rabbits sky?

And that's really cool Maggie. How do you keep up with which baby belongs to which doe? Easy to tell who daddy is,but do you find ,if you've ever had to, fostering easier in a colony setting? How do you introduce outside rabbits into your herd, or are they all related so fights don't break out often if ever?

I've never had to foster in the colony, but I think it would be pretty easy. I can't always tell for sure which kits belong to which doe, especially if they kindle in the same tunnel within a day or so of each other. Since the does are closely related (grandmother, mother, daughters) and the kits all have the same father it doesn't matter much. They are all meat mutts.

I started with rabbits in 2005 with two does and a buck. Since then, I have only brought in three outside rabbits. I like a closed herd. I've never seen a fight among our rabbits. Very occasionally a scuffle or a short chase but no real fights.

Right now... 2 working does and 1 working buck, 1 pet doe and 1 retired (pet) buck. So, 5 right now. We will be redoing the rabbitry chutes soon, and then I will replace the working doe who died a couple of months back.

The pet doe came with one of the working does. They were both pets, and had been raised together since they were very small. But... the pet doe is a dwarf, so she'll always be a pet. The retired buck was going to be our working buck, but he's too much of a gentleman with the ladies. Thankfully, he was insistent enough the first time to get us started, and now his son is our working buck. :) Our setup is a typical hung cage setup of meat rabbits.

So we'll be back to 6 adults soon. When we were at the height of breeding last year, we had some 57 rabbits at one time, including all the ones in the growout cages, the little puffballs harrassing their moms, and the popples still in the nest.

Currently I have 10 sr does, 6 sr bucks, 20 babies in the nestboxes, 9 jr bucks in the grow out pen awaiting butcher time. That comes 45 which is subject to change at any given moment.

Oh, and we do cages.

I have twenty some adult rabbits.some i will be selling.no babies yet.Mostly Netherland dwarfs and Holland lops.

I have:
7 SR does
6 SR bucks (2 are keepers others for sale or FC)
5 JR does
5 JR bucks (1 keeper)
1 buck 1 doe at 6 weeks, still in the 'nest'
25 popples and 3 does due on the 29th.

Wow... 50!

Jana15":pseq1ee4 said:
Mamasheepdog takes the lead with Legacy and Akane close behind!

You forgot me, I have 49! It *would* have been 50 except we culled a doe recently.

1 buck
3 does
6 fryers
30 kits in the nests
1 doe indoors

Hmmm, including all the kits, I'm up to 41. I keep all but 1 in the colony shed, and they all get along great. I caught the kits from one doe nursing from the other does while they were occupied at the feed trough, and the buck wandered into the nest boxes to check out his brood!

5 sr does
3 sr bucks
1 jr buck
1 jr doe
31 kits in various stages of development
Soon 17 of them will be in a much colder location ;) . One is sold just waiting until it gets older.
So that is 41. Next week it should be 47 or so.
Oh ..cages but want to expand outdoors to a semi colony

Hah! Gotcha by two, Sistah!!! I count you at 48...

Cals 8+4=12+34(kits)=46

Plus 2 Rex= 48

Or do the Rex get a 1/2 bunny point extra each?

Latest posts

Back