Register

Video: 10 things you need to know before getting a pet Bunny

Post your favourite links to useful rabbit websites here.
BunnyBucks: 74.00

Video: 10 things you need to know before getting a pet Bunny

Post Number:#1  Unread postby bun615 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:31 pm

https://youtu.be/Mg0q_m8cXSM

Hello! While I normally have rabbit parties on my Youtube Channel (The Bunny Fiesta), I thought I would make an informational video for anyone who is considering adding a pet rabbit to their families an/or for new rabbit owners.

Please feel free to share this video to anyone who can benefit from knowing a more about rabbits, because we really hope we can help someone improve their relationship with their current bunny. We also hope that by revealing some tough truths about bunny life early on in the decsion making process. Hopefully this can help new/potential owners prepare to properly care for and understand their rabbits!

If this video can keep one rabbit from being abandoned, then this video was worth it.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Image 3-29-21 at 11.20 AM.jpg
Image 3-29-21 at 11.20 AM.jpg (388.34 KiB) Viewed 106 times

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 34,761.00

Re: Video: 10 things you need to know before getting a pet B

Post Number:#2  Unread postby ladysown » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:56 am

one of things you state in your video

"any rabbit will grow crazy if kept in a cage and ignored for hours on end".

Hmmm.... all the rabbit breeders in the world... who DON"T have crazy rabbits. I really wish people who stop saying things like this. Do I personally like it people keep their buns in x-pens? For sure, but telling people that their bunny will go crazy if they are kept in a good size rabbit cage? Bad form that.

They also stomp when they are happy and excited, not just when they are angry or scared.
ladysown

http://athomepets.weebly.com/
Primary Blog : http://athomepets.weebly.com/at-home-pets-blog.html
Old Blog: blogs/athomepets/

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Austria
BunnyBucks: 4,527.00

Re: Video: 10 things you need to know before getting a pet B

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Preitler » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:35 pm

About that trancing thing - all my own experience shows it doesn't exist that way. Sure, they are quite stumped because now idea what to do now, but they are not tranced like chicken. Doesn't matter if there is a fancy word for it. More docile rabbits might put up with it and just stay there, mine soon decide that it's enough with that nonsense. And they aren't overly stressed out when used to it, or when the circumstances aren't stressfull.

As far as I can tell this is an exaggerated myth, with some misinterpretation of what's really going on.
For me it's a useful position to cut nails, and to carry them when there is an emergency, like getting one out of a fight really quick. Definitly not an everyday hold though.

One valid reason to discourage that is that you have to maintain a very secure grip, no matter what, when they start struggling in that position they can hurt themselfs. Even when you have to superglue your lip afterwards because a hind claw managed to hook in there (don't ask how I know, it's almost healed up by now) - keep the rabbit put and close. But I would state that reason, not something that in my opinion is an easily debunked myth.

There is also that you use google to proof that. That's not how google works. You get the results you look for, not necessarily the answer to a question. You will find whatever you expect to find.