Pregnant doe not eating cecal poops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurenxah

Reaction score
Hi there! I’m looking for a bit of advice regarding my doe. I believe she’s pregnant and at around day 26. The last few days she’s leaving quite a lot of cecal poops. I haven’t changed anything in her diet, she has unlimited timothy hay and her portion of pellets in the morning. Obviously being pregnant, I dont plan on cutting down her pellets as they’re important.
So basically I’m just wondering if it’s a normal thing for her to be doing, and if anyone has any similar experience with a pregnant doe. She is doing normal poos aswell, but the majority of them are cecals that she isnt interested in eating.
I’d like to think I’ve researched rabbit pregnancies quite a lot, but this is something I havent come across anything about these poops.

TIA x

Hm, maybe she can't get down there because of belly size...
Never noticed it with mine, but i didn't look out for it.
I don't think that matters much if it's just for a few days, and I even would give more pellets than normal if she isn't fat.

Syringe feed veg baby food if you get worried about her weight, it gets things moving and keeps food in her system, let us know when she kindles!

hormones can cause them to create an excess of cecals. Don't worry if they don't eat them all, they eat what they need. Pregnancy belly can make things a bit more of a challenge as well.

It's normal for an overweight rabbit or a very pregnant one to be uninterested in cecal poops.

Back