Genes behind the astrex door

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so, I’ve been quietly working on a side project, just for myself...with my MR...it started with a love of the O/B harlequin. Then I realized I needed to be able .expand in the other variety of harlequin. I’ve got tgat down....all except magpie. I also, of course breed to type first, so the harlequin can be used in a breeding program..the SOP is my bunny bible.

Ok, with all of that being said...I’m now working on two MR projects...one is now to get the magpie.

The other is the astrex gene. So, these two I need help.

So, magpie=Chin x harlequin?

Astrex...ok I e got an MR doe, she’s giving me amazing kits. I think they might carry the gene...the hair is definitely more curly than my regular MR at this age. I’m working on the astrex gene, for another program

I’ve been told that it’s all a trial breeding. There has to be more to it than that

There is an astrex facebook group. I'm afraid I didn't find it very useful when I struggled with my curly babies. (No one wanted to talk about negative genetic issues.)

Back