Urine smell on doe fur?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just went to try and breed my doe and she smells like nasty buck (deer) urine lure. She is housed by herself and usually doesn't smell like anything.

I smelt her back fur and even it stunk. Now my hands smell from picking her up. I will wash her cage with dish soap but am afraid to try and clean her so I won't.

Doe's that are in heat don't spray themselves right? Could this be a health issue? I'll check her bedding and if needed add fresh stuff to that also.

Nope, they don't spray themselves, and they don't go into heat. (Although they kinda cycle a bit, it doesn't seem to be on any predictable timeframe.)

She might be sitting in her pee, but also, check to see if there is a buck nearby that could be spraying her.

Zass":4e8p1wm0 said:
Nope, they don't spray themselves, and they don't go into heat. (Although they kinda cycle a bit, it doesn't seem to be on any predictable timeframe.)

She might be sitting in her pee, but also, check to see if there is a buck nearby that could be spraying her.
Yeah I think so. For some reason she likes that corner but I did a thorough cleaning of her cage with dawn, then 10% bleach, rinsed, and dried.

Now that that's took care of hopefully she will be able to clean herself. Thanks Zass!

Latest posts

Back