Reabsorption/miscarriage

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was trying to breed my doe a few times a week for the last month or so. Today she pulled fur when I never noticed a fall off. (Worse case scenario it's from her 10 week old son I had with her before I separated him. Yeah I now know that's too long)

If the stress of her trying to be breed while pregnant got to her how do I know if she miscarried? Well besides dead kits on the wire floor?

Would there be blood even if she ate them?

This could be a false pregnancy also but to be safe she is now separated from her daughter and given a nest box.

The doe was also acting a lot more aggressive to her kit than usual and would chase her away from the grain dish even if the momma doe didn't eat much. Now I understand the agression and protectiveness of her hide.

I think all will go well since she is a good mother and younger (under a year old) but it got me thinking of this.

Thanks!

Miscarriages don't always result in finding kits. I had a doe that'd miscarry 50% of the time and only once did I find a kit. Most likely there will be blood and that's it. Some does get pregnant without a visible fall off as well. Just keep an eye on her and don't stress if someday there's a blob of blood in her cage and then a few days later you kind body parts from kits. One doe I had passed a bloody thing and I thought that was it but a few days later I found a bloody furry head of a kit that had passed later and died inside. Just keep us updated and we'll see if she actually miscarries, I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant and has a healthy litter or it's a false pregnancy.

golden rabbitry":1vnzb8xp said:
Miscarriages don't always result in finding kits. I had a doe that'd miscarry 50% of the time and only once did I find a kit. Most likely there will be blood and that's it. Some does get pregnant without a visible fall off as well. Just keep an eye on her and don't stress if someday there's a blob of blood in her cage and then a few days later you kind body parts from kits. One doe I had passed a bloody thing and I thought that was it but a few days later I found a bloody furry head of a kit that had passed later and died inside. Just keep us updated and we'll see if she actually miscarries, I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant and has a healthy litter or it's a false pregnancy.

Okay good so there will be some sign then at least if she had kits. Wow well good I thought a drop off was absolutely required to mean success.

Wow good to know I would of thought after a blood spot that was it.

I will definitely let you know what happens. Thanks for the info! I think she will be good also. :D

Back