Harnesses

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystal.L

Reaction score
Hey. My rabbit, Autumn is just learning to come when called and it takes a little coaxing and a couple long seconds but she's got it down (little bit). I was able to get her in the cage and as rabbits don't like to be handled much I was also hoping that since she can learn to come when called she'll also jump out of the cage and back in as my other rabbit, Daisy who's more social. I had a hardness on Autumn and she had just jumped in her cage after jumping out of it herself (yay!) and I've read that rabbits don't like to get touched on the neck either so when I touched her neck she kind of rounded on me but I've been bit before twice and they were both by her so, I don't wanna be bit again. But I was wondering if it would do any harm if I just leave the hardness on and take it off in the morning, she doesn't mind it at all but I was afraid that she would chew it up. It's mainly the leash that she chews but just to be careful, should I take off the hardness?

I wouldn't leave it on, they can eat it and get string in their digestive tract. just put a towel over the head and slip the harness on. I harness train all my babies and it seems to work. I would check if she's biting out of pain, like maybe when you clip it shut it pinches. Or get a pull over harness that only clips on the back.

Also check if the fiber is hot. Sometimes rabbit feel super hot with the harness. So check the quality of the harness.

Back