Strange question any advice please?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tji2019

Reaction score
Hello I have 2 male mini lop bucks who have been living happily together. I have occasionally witnessed them trying to hump each other for dominance but no fights. Yesterday however I went to bring them in from the garden and saw one of them do the grunt and fall off! Can that happen with 2 male rabbits!!? Since then the shy rabbit has been running away and hiding from him. I made the decision to separate them.
My question is can a male rabbit "mate" with another male or could I have a girl?

Thank you

:welcome:

Not a strange question at all.
Yes, there absolutly is the possibility you have got a girl there. The "living happily together" and the behaviour you described is one giveaway above a certain age.

What is their age?

Missexing rabbits is such a common thing, happens all the time, don't ask how I know that it even happens to somewhat experienced breeders :wr_brick:
Any chance to get a second opinion on sexes? You can take pictures, and post them here. Google "how to sex rabbits" first to see how it's done.

Well, if it's really a doe, and when she lifted and he got a fall off, pretty likely you've got a pregnant rabbit there.

It is not "unusual" for a male rabbit to ejaculate on the tail, or back of another rabbit.
That is often the reason for "failed breedings", when a doe doesn't "lift" for the buck.
People new to rabbit breeding see a fall off, but don't notice that the doe didn't "lift" for the buck.

By now, if it was a doe and an actual mating, there'd be babies? Are they still both bucks?

Latest posts

Back