Chickens with giant soft crops! Helps! (resolved)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
So my brood hatched out 5 chicks and everyone was happy. Chicks and mama looked great this morning, about 2 weeks old. So in the late day my mom says they all look funny and so we go up to check and everyone including the mom has a giant soft swollen crop. Doesn't smell so we don't think it's sour crop.... they all seem happy but it's just so large. We've had chickens for 2o years and never seen this
what is it?

Attachments

• IMG_20200521_181402727 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200521_181402727 (2).jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 579
they've been eating whatever they find in the grass, probably alot of bugs and seeds. I locked them up over night and they had nothing but chick feed and water. In the morning, all the crops were almost to normal. Still slight swelling but no air. Not sure what happened but thankful they all recovered

golden rabbitry":2ej5q5fm said:
they've been eating whatever they find in the grass, probably alot of bugs and seeds. I locked them up over night and they had nothing but chick feed and water. In the morning, all the crops were almost to normal. Still slight swelling but no air. Not sure what happened but thankful they all recovered

sometimes they eat too much grass, and it balls up in the crop..

well whatever it was is gone now but they always lived outside, nothing changed. There was just air and swelling, no grass....

Latest posts

Back