Plush Lops?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Lop Fan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone and Happy new year! :p
Recently, I have been interested in possible trying out another breed and I stumbled upon Plush Lops -- they are why I am here!

So I don't really know much about them, except they are not an official breed, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
I really don't want to jump into this without a lot of research. So I have a few questions, (any advice is appreciated though)

How many generations does it take to reach more or less consistency?

What is the best cross? Mini Rex x Holland, Mini lop x Rex?

And does anyone have any good resources for learning about Plush lops?

Thanks!

Frankly, if you were interested in a rex-furred lop breed you'd be 100% better off with velveteen lops, in my opinion

I've yet to meet or hear about a reputable plush lop breeder - all the ones I've seen just breed them to sell as overpriced pets, without much standard or consistency.

hm, that makes sense. And yes I was looking at breeders across the country seeing their prices and it was an average of $300 or more! Which seems a bit overpriced for what the buyer is getting....

The part that draws me in with plush lops is the challenge. I don't really want to sell them for breeding stock unless I get some consistency, I wouldn't even market them as such. But, I also think the pet market would really like the plush lops where I am, so it would be easy to get rid of culls.

I will check into velveteen lops though!

Hi. I'm writing this message to the person with the two mini plush lops. Has your doe gotten pregnant yet? I have a beautiful male mini plush lop and I need a female. Do you have any females that you could sell? Or. Would you want to mate your female with my male? I would just want one doe from the litter. Thx

__________ Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:26 am __________

Or. Does anyone have a doe mini.plush lop from the original herd that they want to sell or breed with me? Stephanie <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:27 am __________ <br /><br /> I live in New York. Thx. I can drive to you.

Back