• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Free Frozen Hides

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone want about 17 rabbit, 1 raccoon, and 1 otter skin?

Free!

The hides came off the buns and straight into the fridge and then into either mason jars or vacpacked into food saver bags so are in really good condition.

The otter though is from a road kill that was fresh enough but in Florida sunshine, it was pretty hot when I was skinning it so the fur might slip on that one.

Putting a hog in the freezer on Monday afternoon so they have GOT to go!

:oops: I was doing so good at drying hides as soon as I butchered but there you go, got busy/sloppy and have frozen hides again.

A few NZW, mainly Rex and a few mini rex.

Gosh I hate the thought of throwing them away but have had them on CL for a few days now and no luck. :oops:

I will even throw in a cooler to carry them home in. :D

Funny enough, no one ever did and it is too late, the camper is sold, the freezer contents went with it and we have run away to the UK. :D

A bit sad to lose them all but I managed to take about 200 dried hides stuffed into a suitcase so not a dead loss.

michaels4gardens":e01t5vhy said:
So ... tell us more, where are you, what are your plans...
and by the bye , ... congratulations

Thank you! :D

We are in North Yorkshire, right on the coast, only 3 blocks from my mums house. It is wonderful!!!

And looking at the storm now headed right for where we used to live in Florida, not a second too soon! :shock:

The plan? Have as much fun as possible right now because "Tomorrow is promised to no one."

Latest posts

Back