BONDING HELP!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopLionheadLady

Reaction score
HI GUYS! I am currently trying to bond my spayed female, 3-year-old lion head and my year-old neutered male. The bunnies were having outdoor playtime in the playpen I have for them for about 1 week and everything was going great, the bunnies were grooming each other and no signs of aggression. I then brought them into a closed-off part of the house neutral territory to both of them, and my male started constantly humping her, and she also was humping him back. This is normal behavior but then my male started buzzing and spraying at her. It has been a month since he has been neutered and stopped showing any hormonal signs until this bonding. What do you think I should do? is this behavior normal? :?: :bunnyhop:

Tha is for the reply. I have still been giving them dates just to get them firmilliar with each other and they have been ocationally humping but they also have been grooming each other.

Just keep trying, as @michaelsforgardens said :D I'm sure they'll be the best of friends soon! Give the male a bit more time- bucks can be pretty stubborn! ( mine sure is!)
One method that might help is to just keep them in separate pens/cages close to one another. They cant have any physical contact that way, but they'll get used to each other's smell. Then introduce more ' dates' or meetings into their routine, making them more frequent and of longer durations over time. And doing it in neutral territory can help as well:)
I hope this helps and I didn't come across rude! Also once they're happily bonded, please post some pics! We Rabbittalk people LOVE pictures :lol: :bunnyhop:

Back