Help with my first pedigree

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
So I am creating my first pedigree, I have all the names of the parents, grandparents, and great grandparents all in place and everything is perfect but I need some help with the top part, the one with the rabbits info. So I am typing up a few weeks before sale so I have tome to work out the kinks and I need some help with the weight, since they are babies, how do I do this? Do I just leave it for the next owner to fill in when they have reached full weight? Should I tattoo them or let the owner decide?

Just leave the weight blank. I like to tattoo the kits before they leave so that I can have its tattoo in my paperwork

Many places it is illegal to sell before eight weeks. Just FYI. You do you, but rabbits rarely leave here before 12 weeks. You can’t properly evaluate before that age, anyway. I tattoo at weaning, usually six weeks, sometimes later. It’s when I get to that “I need to know who is who” stage.

I just wish there where laws about age. There is an insane breeder who sells at 3 weeks "cause they can eat solids". I always wean at 5 weeks

I wean at 6-8 weeks, then sell minimum 2 weeks after weaning (so 8-10 weeks). I would never sell a rabbit under 8 weeks old, prefer to not sell one under 10 weeks. It's illegal in many states to sell that young, but it also increases the chances of weaning enteritis and other diseases to wean that young - and once they are weaned it can take a few weeks for their bodies to adjust to not having milk, which is a stressful time on them so I'd rather them spend that time with me (which is why they stay at least 2 weeks).

Back