need help ASAP

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golden rabbitry

Reaction score
so I woke up to 3 kits on the wire from a breeding pair that I wanted kits from but they miscarried later attempt. Have no idea how she got pregnant but the babies are harlequin so I know for sure that Binki is the father. Since the last was a miscarry, I had a clean nest from the last attempt so I played the 3 kits in there but my main question is: Will my doe exept the kits in her own nest? She biult it but she didn't give birth in it. I am going to place it in the corner it normally is when she kindles and I know about it.

well when i gave the box to her she jumped in to investigate but when I checked back one kit was halfway out of the nest but not the box. they are all doing well so I think maybe she took them but I'll check back at night and see if they are hungry <br /><br /> __________ Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:02 pm __________ <br /><br /> so far the kits are doing great. Once one was out on the wire but it's fine. They always have round bellies and are growing

Sounds like all is good.
Kits on the wire is dangerous to them for maintenance of body heat and sometimes it stresses the doe out and she will dispose of them.
However, most of the time they'll take care of them once they're in the nest. But, next time she has a litter they may be out on the wire again. Not a habit you want to keep breeding.

Now, when did she have the miscarriage? Was it recently? She could have aborted a portion of the litter. I've never experienced it myself, but I could see how it was possible.

She miscarries her last litter about 7 weeks ago which is why I was selling her and am sure glad I didn't sell someone a pregnant rabbit. That was her 2nd litter miscarried out of 5 so I still plan on selling her after these kits are sold. She is a wonderful mother but false pregnancies aren't my fav thing

Latest posts

Back