Show quality? New to showing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyoBunnies

Reaction score
My girls want to show rabbits in 4-H. We have a Lionhead that has been a pet, but I'm thinking she is not a show quality rabbit due to her coloring. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Lily1.jpg
    Lily1.jpg
    961.1 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Lily2.jpg
    Lily2.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Lily3.jpg
    Lily3.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 1,269
Not showable, with that color. In lionheads the only showable colors are right now tortoise (all 4 versions of it), white, siamese sable, seal and chocolate if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I would probably classify her as a blue torted magpie or a blue point magpie. This color is not recognized in any breed so there is no official name for it.
Also; it is possible that she is a just a very out of color blue point (which you might be able to show for exhibition only class if you bring a standard for that color; there is no current working standard though so the show doesn't have to accept the entry), if her color evens out next molt. If its permanently like this, I'd call it the magpie

She was born in Jan. Would another molt help her, or is she too old? I have her pedigree, she came from a BEW -sire and a sable point-dam. But her grandparents and G grandparents are all kinds of different variations. So I'm guessing she isn't going to change much. Which is ok. We got her because we thought she was pretty, so she's a pet. We have 3 other showable rabbits. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back