Tonight's dinner....Shredded Rabbit tacco's

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

II Arrows

Reaction score
:bunnyhop:

Ingredients:
1 can of chicken broth.
1 packet of taco seasoning.
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch mix.
1 tasty rabbit.

mix taco and ranch packets into chicken broth in your crockpot. Add rabbit and cook on low for 8hrs or high for 6hrs. About 10mins before eating shred the meat and return into the crockpot to retain more of the flavor and juices. Use this with hard taco shells and/or flour tortillas and top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese, diced tomato and lettuce.

It was very very delicious. It was my wife's first time eating rabbit and she enjoyed it a lot. She used the packet of ranch seasoning because it was something she saw on pinterest and she makes her pulled chicken tacos that way. It adds another layer of flavor. She buys the big container of the ranch seasoning mix and uses 3tbsp of it which is equal to the single packet. Everything tastes good with ranch right !

This is a great recipe. First time cooking rabbit and we used it. Simple yet very tasty. Putting it back in the juice was a huge help to get it all moist. I noticed, like chicken, that the loin was a little dry. Putting it back in took care of that completely.

These sound delicious. I love using the ranch powder for our roasts!

Just going to share my rabbit-taco recipe instead of starting a new thread:

Shred rabbit meat, I use a crockpot on low until it falls apart. (We often mix with leftover beef or deer roast meat!)
Cut fresh onions, garlic and jalapenos, caramelize and set aside.
Put oil in pan and fry the small corn tortillas.
Put rabbit and a mix of veggies and salt & pepper to taste. I love these on the more 'plain' side and can hardly stop eating them!
You can also add lettuce, cheese or whatever else you may want.

Back