Craigslist and Angoras

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harelady

Reaction score
I will admit to checking Craigslist every once in awhile to see what pets are being rehomed. Lately Angoras have been popping up in my town and the pictures don't show good husbandry. I offered to take one a couple of days ago but it was already sold. Now here we go again two Angoras are on Craigslist. Pictures show that they are kept on straw and shaving. Look like English crosses with shaving in the coat. For some reason I what to rescue them to make sure they go to good homes though I really don't have the room. I must be crazy but am protective of the breed and know they require a lot of care. Perhaps I need a reality check from some experienced people. Any advice?

I'm right there with you. I'd rather I got them and then kept them until they got in the right homes.

No good advice from me other than follow your heart and your pocketbook... because they do have to make peace. :)

SixGun":1abl4317 said:
I'm right there with you. I'd rather I got them and then kept them until they got in the right homes.

No good advice from me other than follow your heart and your pocketbook... because they do have to make peace. :)

Yeah I contacted the seller and he is getting out of all rabbits. Has three adult and 5 baby Angoras. I might be able to take one or two but I have a doe due to give birth in a couple of days. So those cages where slatted for her babies. Though I am not even sure she is pregnant. I can afford to get them I just know it will take time to find them good homes. I have a feeling that their coats are going to need some work and probable a shear.

once they've been sheared, there isn't much maintenance for a couple of months. At least, for the coat. There's still the usual bunny maintenance of feed, water and hugs.

Latest posts

Back