Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though I did not enjoy bagging and carrying 16 bags today. I didn't advertise them for much, but it's a start. I have to be mindful now to empty all pans into bags to give myself a head start just in case.

skysthelimit":199119jg said:
I literally cannot give this crap away for free.

__________ Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm __________

Having said that, I did it anyway.

Someone is supposed to come and pick up 10 bags tonight, I need to go out and start shoveling.

Lol!!! I'm glad you gave it a try, after all! :p

I am going to have to discontinue my "introductory offer" shortly. I only have about 25 bags currently, and people waiting for my next delivery to Tehachapi.

Once people start buying it (and consequently want more) you can hopefully up your price too. But anything is better than throwing it away. :money:

That's for sure. I think that took my entire bag supply.
You know how I say no one here wants it? Well they weren't from here, they came an hour away.

I am learning, when you say do something, to do it, no matter what didn't work for me in the past!

skysthelimit":2mw0rudx said:
I am learning, when you say do something, to do it, no matter what didn't work for me in the past!

*Snort!* Reminds me of a comment from a friend of mine. Her husband is an Aries (as am I) and she says "You can't argue with an Aries- they are always right. I have given up trying."

So... repeat after me:

:twilightzone: "I will not argue with MamaSheepdog. MSD knows all. When MamaSheepdog gives a directive, I will comply immediately. I will also tithe 10% of my bunny-berry profits to Victory Garden Rabbits." :twilightzone:

MamaSheepdog":hsilw1ci said:
So... repeat after me:

:twilightzone: "I will not argue with MamaSheepdog. MSD knows all. When MamaSheepdog gives a directive, I will comply immediately. I will also tithe 10% of my bunny-berry profits to Victory Garden Rabbits." :twilightzone:

:wr_sway: :surrender2:

MamaSheepdog you crack me up!

Though we don't have many rabbits I'm going to give this a try. I went online locally and saw that sure enough there were people in my area looking for it to buy!! Here I've been missing out on that market.

Now all you Indiana Rabbit Talk people don't beat me to the market. :lol:
I've already created a label and everything. ha.

Thanks for the inspiration!

skysthelimit":2n5pesft said:
MamaSheepdog":2n5pesft said:
So... repeat after me:

:wr_sway: :surrender2:

Mwa-ha-hah!!! It worked! :p

WhWRabbitry":2n5pesft said:
MamaSheepdog you crack me up!

Well, that's a relief. I'm glad I'm not the only one laughing at my jokes. People might think I was nuts or something. ;)

I went online locally and saw that sure enough there were people in my area looking for it to buy!!

Looking for it?!? Where? On Craigslist or???

I've already created a label and everything. ha.

Wo-o-w!!! Fancy schmancy! You must post a pic to inspire us all!

Looking for it?!? Where? On Craigslist or???

Yes, people looking for it via craigslist!

Wo-o-w!!! Fancy schmancy! You must post a pic to inspire us all!

ha. Well here is one I had fun making to put on a plastic 1 gallon icecream container (with lid) for a friend who gardens. The icecream container said "Purple Cow". My oldest daughter said the container should say "Brown Bunny" when she saw it full of brown bunny poop. I thought that was funny so I decided to have some fun and make a label. I knew it would amuse my friend too - especially the warning. :D

Thanks for the inspiration!
brown bunny label.jpg

WhWRabbitry":2q7s2j5k said:
Well here is one I had fun making to put on a plastic 1 gallon icecream container (with lid) for a friend who gardens. The icecream container said "Purple Cow". My oldest daughter said the container should say "Brown Bunny" when she saw it full of brown bunny poop. I thought that was funny so I decided to have some fun and make a label. I knew it would amuse my friend too - especially the warning. :D

Clever girl! Imagine the danger if you packaged it in a Coco-Puffs cereal box! :lol:

Nice work on the label! :)

Schipperkesue":2q7s2j5k said:
Mama, may I share your success and information in another forum?

Certainly, feel free! We rabbitosis sufferers have to band together and share profit making ideas so we can all afford MORE BUNNEHS!!!

I delivered a full size pick-up load for $75. Last year I did for $60, and then ended up taking it an hour away. So this year I put it up and still ended up taking it an hour. I like the big one and done instead of a bag here and there.

I just got two more people asking for 6-7 bags.

Now I think I might be out, that would be everything from October to now. Boy that was quick.

ZRab":6jbwvbfd said:
I delivered a full size pick-up load for $75.

I'd ask for $150 at least. Plus delivery.

skysthelimit":6jbwvbfd said:
I just got two more people asking for 6-7 bags.

Now I think I might be out, that would be everything from October to now. Boy that was quick.

Congrats, Sky! I think the key is timing it right- gardens are just now going in or are far enough along now that people need additional fertilizer.

I'm glad you tried advertising it again! Hopefully they will be repeat customers next year, or even this fall. :)

I had a guy come by this morning. Took a bunch of rabbit waste (hay/poop/etc). I find I have to give it away, so figured it would be the same. He turned and gave me $20. I was shocked (happy, but shocked). Normally people only want to buy my bagged rabbit poop. but the compost quality stuff... selling it! woot woot! :)

My bunny berries are far to precious at this point in time for me to consider selling any. I am planning on building 3-4 raised beds like these (pictured below) that will be filled with bunny berry compost when completed. Raised this high I should be able to keep my pesky pup from digging them all up. 5'X7'X34"
Work Complete.jpg

WhWRabbitry":18xlo44p said:
ha. Well here is one I had fun making to put on a plastic 1 gallon icecream container (with lid) for a friend who gardens. The icecream container said "Purple Cow". My oldest daughter said the container should say "Brown Bunny" when she saw it full of brown bunny poop. I thought that was funny so I decided to have some fun and make a label. I knew it would amuse my friend too - especially the warning. :D

:lol:

That's awesome!!! :D

How many rabbits do you have MSD?

I only have 3 at this time and every bit goes into our overly large garden. :oops: We had a friend of the family till the garden and he made it 15'Wx30'L. :lol: :lol:

:? That reminds me I need to place some around my fruit trees too.

I think I need more rabbits. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ladysown":2eg8h95d said:
I had a guy come by this morning. Took a bunch of rabbit waste (hay/poop/etc). I find I have to give it away, so figured it would be the same. He turned and gave me $20.

Yay!!!

Sagebrush":2eg8h95d said:
I am planning on building 3-4 raised beds like these (pictured below) that will be filled with bunny berry compost when completed.

Yikes! Those will take tons of compost and bunny berries to fill! Most vegis don't have that deep of a root system- seems like a lot of extra soil. I am too busy to find it right now, but I have a chart that shows the root depth of various plants- I'll post it for you at some point so you can get the most use out of your beds.

wamplercathy":2eg8h95d said:
How many rabbits do you have MSD?

70 adults/older juniors, 32 weaned juniors, and 3 kits in the nest. I'm actually kind of low right now... I hate to admit it, but I actually have some empty cages. :oops:

I only have 3 at this time and every bit goes into our overly large garden. :oops:

I could actually use some of my current supply in my raised beds- but right now selling it for a bit of ready cash trumps using it myself. :(

I think I need more rabbits. :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, yeah. That goes without saying. ;)

Not all of those beds is going to be the compost. My brother is going to be digging out a basement and I will have quite a bit of dirt to use under the compost. The reason for those to be so high is that my brother and his mother in law Olivia love to garden but they cannot get down on the ground to pull weeds and such. So I figured I will bring the soil up to them. :D

Back