Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaSheepdog

Reaction score
Over the past week, I have made a little over $100 selling bagged rabbit manure to gardeners. :money:

If any of you wants to do the same, feel free to copy any of the text from my ad!

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/grd/4919088549.html

Rabbit Manure- GOLD for your garden!!!

Rabbit manure bagged and ready to apply to your garden. Looks great as a mulch, and is nature's best "time released" fertilizer!

Delivery to Bakersfield or Tehachapi is available. Next scheduled delivery date for Tehachapi is Friday March 20th.

******INTRODUCTORY OFFER!!! 5 OR MORE BAGS FOR $5 EACH!!!******

Warning: once you start feeding your garden with "Bunny Berries" you will never go back to commercial fertilizer. Highly sought after by Rose growers!

Bagged in 50lb feed sacks by volume, not weight.

1 bag $9.00
5 bags $35.00 ***SAVE $10.00!***
10 bags $60.00 ***SAVE $30.00!***
20 bags $100 ***SAVE $80.00!***

Unlike chicken, steer or horse manure, rabbit manure is a cold manure. There is no need to compost it before applying to your plants.

It slowly disintegrates, releasing the nutrients back into the soil for your plants to use. In the meantime, the remaining "bunny-berry" helps build the structure of your soil by adding stability, porosity and attracting beneficial organisms to the area.

Rabbit manure is higher in nitrogen than sheep, goat, pig, chicken, cow or horse manure. Plants need nitrogen to produce lush, green growth.

How common manures measure up N-P-K

Rabbit 2.4 1.4 .60
Chicken 1.1 .80 .50
Dairy cow .25 .15 .25
Horse .70 .30 .60
Steer .70 .30 .40
Sheep .70 .30 .90

Sources: Rodale's All-New Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening, An Illustrated Guide to
Organic Gardening, by Sunset Publishing, and the Rodale Guide to Composting.

IMG_5568 - Copy.JPGIMG_8125.JPGIMG_8124.JPG

baefull.wolfbunnies":1cmbkl2j said:
I'm not ready to sell mine yet, I don't think I have enough.

I think that means you need more rabbits. :mrgreen:

baefull.wolfbunnies":1cmbkl2j said:
I would love to reuse this text. Thanks

No problem. Bumping the price up for smaller quantities and then offering the "Introductory Offer" seems to have created a bit of a frenzy. ;)

MamaSheepdog":3oiai49v said:
I think that means you need more rabbits. :mrgreen:

:p :x MORE!! I already have 5. That's almost the city limit. where I live you can have 6 "adult livestock" before needing to license your animals and property. Kinda puts a damper on my bunny projects. Also I think my husband would throw a fit if I got anymore. As it is he can't go into the backyard without having to take allergy meds afterwards

Ah, well, with only five, you need to keep those bunny berries for yourself! $5 bucks a bag is a steal of a deal, in my opinion.

If I didn't generate a bag or two a day, I wouldn't be selling the stuff for any price.

Maybe a little off topic but do you use the berries with the hay mixed in??We use Bermuda grass hay and no matter how we feed it ends up on the ground with the berries.. :x

I separate out the large pieces of Timothy and put them in a garbage can, the berries and small pieces I put directly on the plants and then use the large pieces as weed choke.

katiebear":3hsmwiea said:
Maybe a little off topic but do you use the berries with the hay mixed in?? We use Bermuda grass hay and no matter how we feed it ends up on the ground with the berries.. :x

Bermuda grass is the essence of evil. :angry: I use it in my nest boxes, and then have bermuda grass popping up everywhere. Best advice; pull the grass as son as it pops up. Otherwise the war against it will last for years.

Just a thought MSD, but have you considered going to local nurseries and wholesaling the berries? There is a local guy near us who wants ours, but we are expanding our gardens this year and don't want to run out. Once that's finished, I am thinking of going to him and a local feed store and see what happens.

I just have to brag a little! :p

In the past two days I have netted $205 in bunny berry sales! :money:

One guy yesterday bought 31 of the 36 bags I was able to stuff into my little cargo trailer! He would have taken all of it, but 5 bags were spoken for already.

I am so pleased- I now have $240 bucks set aside from bunny berry sales alone to go toward my next purchase of rabbit feed! I buy one ton at a time at $440, and have barely made a dent in my last ton. I fully expect to cover my feed costs and have profit above and beyond!!! :greedy:

So- if you haven't started selling your "extra" rabbit poop yet, :gettowork: !

MamaSheepdog":3s6to96a said:
I am so pleased- I now have $240 bucks set aside from bunny berry sales alone to go toward my next purchase of rabbit feed! I buy one ton at a time at $440, and have barely made a dent in my last ton. I fully expect to cover my feed costs and have profit above and beyond!!!

Wow! Congratulations!! AND the ultimate example of recycling: what comes out is being sold to pay for what goes in again...

This is awesome and so kind of you to share your ad and how you go about it!!
I don't have enough bunny berries to make out like that though, wow.
This is definitely worth considering for sure for those that have a place to store it.
Do you bag it up all year round or just when close to spring?
Does it get sifted and go directly into those bags or do you dry it out a bit first or anything?

Syberchick70":2zmu8x5z said:
Congrats, MSD!! :D
That's inspiring :)

Thank you! I must admit, I am just gloating with pride here! :D Seriously, it's kind of ridiculous, but there you have it. :oops:

the reluctant farmer":2zmu8x5z said:
AND the ultimate example of recycling: what comes out is being sold to pay for what goes in again...

And in the same bag, too! How funny is that?!?

WhWRabbitry":2zmu8x5z said:
Do you bag it up all year round or just when close to spring?

All year. That's how I amassed all of these bags to sell for spring planting- bagged it up over winter.

WhWRabbitry":2zmu8x5z said:
Does it get sifted and go directly into those bags or do you dry it out a bit first or anything?

I use slant boards, not pans, so most of it stays dry. I just sweep the bunny berries out from underneath the cages and put it directly into the bags. I avoid the "pee spots" and have been using that here in our beds- but I am thinking that if I rake those areas and just reposition the pile of bunny berries to an area that doesn't get peed on it will be dry enough a few days later when I bag up the next round.

Wow! I am really impressed! :p I want to try and get some buckets to put under the rabbits in there potty corners but haven't gotten around to it. I also need to get the chickens out (my son keeps letting them out) because they make such a mess and kick the rabbit poo everywhere.

I wish I could do that but it's impossible with the colony. Dirty straw and poop gets swept out and some goes in the compost bins and some goes in with the chickens. I have five compost bins made out of skids that everything eventually goes into, rabbit and chicken poop, dirty straw, butchering offal, grass clippings and kitchen leavin's. When the last bin has finished its digesting I have the most beautiful black gold to spread out on my gardens. I should be making some money at it!

My berries end up a mix of berries, wasted hay and pine pellet dust... so I doubt folks would be willing to pay much, if anything for it. I've been putting it all on our own garden though. :)

Now that's cool.
At this point, I am throwing mine out with the trash. My gardens are full, and besides it smells when I do use it, and the neighbors are not happy. I literally cannot give this crap away for free. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm __________ <br /><br /> Having said that, I did it anyway.

Someone is supposed to come and pick up 10 bags tonight, I need to go out and start shoveling.

skysthelimit":3kabgkhv said:
Now that's cool.
At this point, I am throwing mine out with the trash. My gardens are full, and besides it smells when I do use it, and the neighbors are not happy. I literally cannot give this crap away for free.

__________ Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:02 pm __________

Having said that, I did it anyway.

Someone is supposed to come and pick up 10 bags tonight, I need to go out and start shoveling.

Yay!

Back